A stringent method was also followed to select the villages to sink the DTWs to utilize the fund effectively. Only villages without access to safe drinking water were selected and the location was determined such as to serve maximum number of poor HHs of the village. We hope this project will help the extreme poor of Haor Region to get safe drinking water as well as to be aware of the hygienic practice for which they can ultimately save themselves from illness and health hazards.
- 124 members have received bullocks as physical input from PBK and fund has been made available to provide more
- 964 members have received saplings of fruit trees from the project
- Sanitary toilet sets have been distributed among 156 members already
- Moreover, at least one member in a group is growing fodder for the cows of other group members
- Various techniques such as vertical vegetable gardening, vegetable growing in sack, hatching pot etc.innovative ideas are being introduced among the members
- Training such as cornerstones training, group management training, gender and justice training training on backyard poultry rearing and homestead gardening have been provided
- Two Veterinary Doctors were trained in collaboration with the upazila livestock office to look after the cows provided